View Single Post
Old 9th February 2020, 17:35   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunter12 View Post
I didn't think to check the NNW number, which luckily is the same. I understand there may be configuration issues, I don't have cruise control etc so I'm not too worried about that.

I did consider getting the ECU repaired. I spoke to Rover Link "onth Wirral" who advised the last ECU they sorted cost £550. I don't have that kind of money and for a car that cost me £900 to start with, I wouldn't go that far.

I saw another on eBay who repairs them for £195 but they want to see the car. Which is pretty set on not moving at the moment.

I have followed practically every thread for this issue and nothing has cured the issue. The kit cost me £95 which is considerably less than the other solutions I have considered.

Unless someone knows another cost effective method that guarantees a working ECU?
Well the eBay seller who repairs them for £195, I'll let you hazard a guess where they get them from, also Rimmer Bros where a replacement costs upward of £400, where do you think they come from too

Anyway, Big Russ can sort you out a plug and play replacement in the post, as can others who shall remain nameless

Me personally, I've got about eighty working diesel ECM sitting gathering dust, and I tipped another forty today.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote