View Single Post
Old 6th April 2020, 10:35   #6
starway
Regular poster

MG ZT +

Default Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies and I know 8 years is shocking right, truth is I’ve had nothing to contribute as I have been learning about the car all this time. Although this forum has saved my car on numerous occasions so thanks everyone !

I have found only one black connector at the back that would fit it can’t see another one. I have had the whole console out. I don’t know if I have an abs fault ? There is no warning or light on the dash? I have had the cruise switch in and out many times to see and it feels perfectly connected but doesn’t light up.

I haven’t actually tried the cruise control if it’s working though so I may do that soon. I just know that the illumination on the switch doesn’t work. But I’m presuming the actually switch is not working and not just the led as all the backlights on my other instruments and switches work !

Now I have done some mods which involve using the side light wire that runs throughout the car the red and creme one that deals with illumination and side lights. I have spliced that at many points to connect led lights but that’s the only mod really with the wires. And the sidelights and illumination still work perfectly.

Is there any checks I can do with a multi metre or could anyone specify the colours so the wires going to the master switch ? Do you think a good idea would be to buy another switch to see ?

Thanks for your responses guys

Much appreciated

Thanks

James
starway is offline   Reply With Quote