Thread: Spare parts
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2020, 16:17   #1
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Default Spare parts

Hello,

From time to time I have had the pleasure of stumbling across a fellow enthusiast. This week I sought out an alternator for the Raptor. Looking through the listings on the bay of e, I saw a second hand alternator that looked like new. I ordered it and on arrival it was just like the picture.
I saw the name of the chap who sold it was John, and I theorised that it might be MGJohn as whoever it is clearly has a great love of the cars.
I was wrong about who it was (sorry MGJohn!), however I received a phone call from John this afternoon and had a lovely chat with him.
He owns several Rover/MGs and describes each one he dismantles as a loss. He is passionate about the cars and meticulous in the removal and presentation of the parts. I have mentioned the club to him, particularly as our cars get older we need people who understand the vehicles and value them as we do.
I have no wish to transgress club rules, and my humblest apologies if I have done so, but I want to recommend John to you. Please have a look at his stuff. Thank you.
https://ebay.co.uk/usr/105k429
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote