Thread: Fan problem?
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2021, 11:40   #27
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Of all the three speed fans I have repaired in the past I thought this was almost impossible on a three speed fan.

However I actually came across it on a members car once. Only the slow speed had failed. this then gave the exact same symptoms as a two speed fan with a failed resistor.

Have to say until we stripped the fan out we were convinced it was a two speed with the resistor hidden away.
Thanks for replying - this is the 2nd one I've come across. Just about all 75s here were imported in the first years, so 3rd sp fans are very common, 2 sp less so, and I've never even seen a facelift car.

Tested the first one about 2 years ago, the owner wasn't that bothered, but now a few weeks ago the fan failed totally, sent him a 3 sp replacement. The owner has Toaf and neither the medium nor the high speed now worked. Seemed to fail at the same time(?).

The owner is up in far north so had to get the local garage to fit it, took them a day and a half, and has yet to receive the invoice, makes my standard 5 hrs look good, and I won't mention you & Steve

Keep well
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote