View Single Post
Old 18th September 2021, 16:12   #1
paulonsite
Loves to post

ZT CDTi Auto

Default Baffling Airbag problem

Hi All! Thanks for looking.

My airbag light came on and I had a look at the fault codes using TOAF and the AutoLiv software (cause my car has them, not the earlier ones). There were no faults on the TOAF other than 'no module' on SRS, but this forum explained why that is (need AutoLiv software not TOAF).

I got error codes 805 and 211 (wiring resistance and no signal from LH side impact sensor).

SO I purchased and fitted the correct LH side impact sensor and much better underseat connectors (SupaSeal). No joy. Changed the polarity of all the under seat cables, testing one by one, until...no joy. I am now getting another error, as follows:-

805 - front tensionor circuit - resistance too big
211 - Left side impact sensor - no signal
809 - left front airbag ignition circuit - resistance too big

I am totally baffled, and a bit fed up. I just don't get how the new (correct) LH SIS is not working. Is there anywhere else the wiring could be dodgy? In other news BOTH mechanical seat belt tensioners have lost their nuts and dangle under the seat but I couldn't see a pot or similar measuring the tension on them...or am I wrong?

Any thoughts, would be greatly appreciated. BIG thanks to the forum btw for all the info in Technical Help that has gotten me this far rather than crying into the IPK...

Best washes,

Paul.
paulonsite is offline   Reply With Quote