View Single Post
Old 20th September 2021, 12:42   #6
paulonsite
Loves to post

ZT CDTi Auto

Why would you want to change the polarity?

Sorry I shoudl have bene clearer, I was checking the polarity. The colours on my wires under the LH seat do NOT match the diagrams and photos on here, so I wanted to eliminate guess work.

In other news BOTH mechanical seat belt tensioners have lost their nuts and dangle under the seat but I couldn't see a pot or similar measuring the tension on them. They shouldn't be disconnected, in the event of a shunt, without them being connected they won't do their job of keeping you secure in your seat. There is no tension to be measured, why they are called that is that in the event of an rta the restraint system causes the ' tensioner ' to operate and tension, tighten, the belt sufficient to keep you safe in your seat.
- yes I know, I didn't remove them, the mechanic lost them when fitting a new handbrake handle

As SPC says, condensation damage of plugs and pins is a favourite in this area and may be your problem, whilst you have been checking the wiring etc. you could have introduced the third fault simply by disturbing a loom which has another plug/socket with corroded terminals.[/QUOTE]

- Any idea where? Everything looks good inside the car, including connections to the Airbag CU and the BCU.
paulonsite is offline   Reply With Quote