View Single Post
Old 13th May 2021, 10:24   #7
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

WOW, really all those things to check out and me not being a mechanic, although I should have been when I bought this Rover as I have had so many problems with it and it has cost quite a bit to keep it on the road, but I love it, it looks great and drives not too badly, normally! and I do not want to scrap it.

I just tried explain what I knew at the moment and to keep things simple as I thought it would be a simple problem to resolve due to not starting, i.e. battery (first thought) had checked by 2 different car repairers, 1 Halfords, and 1 car electrical repairer, as not sure of Halfords, and all ok.
Then the next morning it developed a SINGLE click to which I attributed to be a faulty Starter motor, banged it, car started. Next day same click, so banged it and engine started, so thought, i,i, change the starter, DRMG did not have one, but I managed to locate one on here from 'Mickyboy' thanks Mickyboy. Took car to my local garage for it to be fitted and apparently still the same problem, but starting after 2/3 turns of the key and then quite sluggish running, with no need for throttle, with a strong smell of petrol.

I have been to the garage today to check for water near the EBU? dry as a bone on both sides. Started engine first go no problem! Will see how it goes. As I stated I went for the obvious after having them checked out and I also thought about the stale fuel as it had been sitting for 7 months, but as it had been running for a couple of weeks this was discounted.
As stated I am not a mechanic nor do I do anything other than normal, like sorting out a very sodden front carpet with removing the seats and securing the pipes from the roof drains, things like that, but not engines.

So I suppose we need clever people like you to keep us in our place as we are the ones without common sense.

Thanks for the information.
skinnyL is offline   Reply With Quote