View Single Post
Old 5th June 2020, 18:38   #52
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
357 is far too many deaths in last 24 hours to have relaxed the rules starting when we did. I’m not worried for myself, I’m only concerned for the good of the country as a whole.

How many deaths do you think there would normally be in a 24 hr period in the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie25 View Post
The UK has become only the second country to report more than 40,000 coronavirus deaths, according to the latest government figures today.

By any standard, comparison or measure this is appalling.

Hopefully, the media keep highlighting this issue, as each death is a personal family Tragedy.

Absolute codswallop, We've counted anyone with a sniffle or a cough that has died from falling off a ladder, or from pure old age. 2 months ago we were looking at forecasts upwards of 400,000 deaths. I really couldn't care less how other countries have counted: they've all used different rules, if anyone believes the numbers from China (even given their draconian enforcement) then they are fools. Even for those that believe that the 40,000 counted is directly attributable to covid-19: put into perspective that is only 0.05% of the UK population: not the 0.5% that was feared it might be.

Before the cries of insensitive psycopath rain down on me. I'm bound to say that every indvidual death for whatever reason is always a tragedy for the nearest and dearest. However in the larger scheme of things it is something that happens with far more regularity than many people fully comprehend. I've lost family prematurely (cancer) myself, I won't stop mourning. But as a collective, as a country we still must look to the whole, not just the individual (I'll never say 'the greater good' : it doesn't exist).

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote