View Single Post
Old 7th January 2022, 15:57   #23
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
rebooting itself and changing from radio to satnav and back again. just sounds the same as the chinese D/DIN i had. i did check inside and found one of the ribbons had partially detached giving different signals to the unit. it was only glued as a connection to the plug. lasted a few years though in all fairness before it packed up. another member had problems with the SD card reader inside coming away and breaking circuit. im on kenwood now and i dont think its worth it for me to keep up with every new android and gadget that comes out. ... now then , where are my pipe and slippers ?
Hi
which generation of Chinese DD did you have,was it one supplied by Radioguy or a later version?I had one the original WinCE models from Radioguy,it was poor quality and unreliable.FM Radio reception was awful and it had regular booting problems with the nav.I have since replaced it with an Xtrons DD with built in dab+ radio.It was fitted in 2018 and has so far proved to be completely reliable on all features including TV and sat nav.Sound quality is excellent and reception crystal clear.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote