View Single Post
Old 7th January 2022, 19:35   #25
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

if i recall , my radioguy version was the mk 2. the last available before the navall era. alot of the early ones if i recall were troublesome way and above the second wince versions. thinking back radio guy charged big bucks at the time ,compared to what you can buy now for the equivalent money. i think mine ran wince 5 , not sure now. the problem was you could not reboot the system, if corrupt, like you could a p.c so relied upon a reboot that was not.. sean did provide a link to download but that link did not last long . to be honest it was ok and i did like it. however , these days i have as i said in my last post no inclination to keep updating and going in there . the kenwood is reliable and does all i need paired up with iphone for satnav waze and apple play siri. although for what i paid i could have 3 or so new chinese units,but wanted this one hopefully on a longer term basis. i dont want to keep changing units. the erisin units have a good reputation , and are one of the leading quality chinese units. whatever you buy can be a lottery , both with a high price tag or not. i do like the alpine units though , but they cost big money, so i settled midway with the kenwood. As i said earlier ,i cannot complain about the D/DIN i had from sean, but it was just sad that there was no backup.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote