View Single Post
Old 14th April 2019, 17:40   #72
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Stuart May we add our Thanks to you for giving up your time in settting our gathering up, although it was cold it didn’t put us off, met up with old friends and met new ones, the food was very good and plentiful and well organised.

All the cars that attended were a credit too everyone.

Not many people would know this but after everyone left Marinabrian stayed beghind and diagnosed what might have been wrong with my car kicking out clouds of blue smoke on startup, initially it was thought to be injectors, so he took the engine cover off and discovered an up grade that was piggy backed to the injectors, at that time according to the info on his T4 they were jumping all over the place and the engine would miss every now and again.
We took it out for a run to warm the engine up and the read outs for the injectors were all running within their proper tolerances, suspecting the fitted upgrade was causing the initial blue smoke.
Marinas suggestion is to use Forte injection cleaner in the fuel filter run for forty odd seconds and leave over night, There was a very slight misting on the intercooler pipe and will need need new o rings fitted not looking forward to that job because It will be a bumper off task.

Take the EGR off and give it a good clean.

And most of all I can’t thank him enough for staying behind and helping me out,
He didn’t start for home until six o clock.
Brian if you read this you are credit to the club you didn’t have to help but you did, and I Sincerely thankyou for your expertise.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote