View Single Post
Old 21st July 2022, 13:48   #23
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

Update:
After waiting two weeks for the fuel filter clip and O-ring plus paying 2 x taxes because otherwise I didn't get the package, I started to place the clip last week (2 clips plus 2 o-rings including P&P 55 euro total...) While at work I saw that someone had used a broken fuel filter! Who does something like that...so I ordered another new fuel filter, this time from Germany. 70 euros at the dealer, 18.50 euros via Ebay....arrived today!

Just installed the new filter, new inner gasket (nitrile O-ring), re-used the tankseal gaskets rubber seals, and I have tightened the metal retaining ring very firmly by hand....and the car started immediately! Hooray, thanks for your help! But, made a short test drive, at a bend some petrol came free around the metal retaining ring connection filter module tank.
I think this indicates that the rubber sealing ring gaskets of the module in the tank are not properly connected. I have two new ones which came with the filter.

What can I do now and how do I make sure that the gaskets connect well with the edge of the hole in the tank where the filter module sits? How can I check this to make sure it is properly sealed? I have noticed these are 2 rubber sealing rings, one with a down-side and one with a up side. The are not attached to eachother, will they be clamped together when the filter module is screwed in and maybe a stupic question, but can the bottom one drop down in the tank or is it clamped in a way?

Thanks again,

Emiel

Last edited by Azur; 21st July 2022 at 13:56..
Azur is offline   Reply With Quote