View Single Post
Old 25th March 2020, 17:22   #21
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Compressing all MOTs into effectively 6 months in future will put a great strain onto the system, even if they are spaced. I shall still try to send mine when due - fortunately my MOT garage is only 500 yards away, and my man will come to collect and return. If everyone stopped, then many garages would go out of business before the extension ceases.
I think you are missing the point. Every car which needs an MOT after 30th March will be given a free 6 month extension on the MOT's due date. Mine (I think) runs out on the 29th May. My 29th May 2019 MOT will now remain valid until 29th November. My 29th May 2019 MOT rather than being a 12 month MOT, changed to become an 18 month MOT because of the virus.

I agree- the MOT stations will have a lean time for the next 6 months.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 27th March 2020 at 07:54..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote