View Single Post
Old 27th March 2020, 07:15   #10
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well as I am on "call out" for work, I have put the whole thing back together, and not wanting to sound big headed, but a lot of you will understand, I put it all back without resorting to the manual and with no bolts left over. Once you've done that it does make you realize that though there is a lot involved, it can be done. So, if I get called in, I can test the car.

As to the testing of relays, well it produced no result that I understood, and yes, I had looked at the need for replacing that resistor but could not see how one would extract it and connect it's replacement. I will research that when I'm stuck in work, on my own.

Whilst all dismantled, I had another look at my non-working n/s sidelight, establishing that the "break" must be somewhere between the switch and the multi-plug, in the loom I suspect. So, it's well hidden and not sorted but may just have to run a wire from somewhere, at another time.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and advice, it is appreciated, but it does require someone at this end with a bit more ability maybe. At least I know now where the go when I have done some more reading of the advice.

With the current situation regarding the virus, and the fact that all of my pre-arranged events up until September have been cancelled, I will have some time to get back into it.

Last edited by planenut; 27th March 2020 at 07:18..
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote