View Single Post
Old 28th March 2020, 14:40   #32
75 tinkerer
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Arctic, I was suggesting the use of a Conformal Coating so that water on the PCB wouldn't short any tracks, there'd be no need to arrange for a flaming LCM to be removed at speed. I thought that many, probably most, members would not have any knowledge of it but that someone might have more insight or experience than I have.

As for cleaning PCBs, I'm sure that there are better cleaning agents available and processes (Ultrasonics), probably based on IPA, and yes, remove the thick deposits first but you'll find IPA is pretty good for that, you should probably avoid soap and water or Vim or abrasives. IPA evaporates quickly, takes seconds.

The satellite integration teams always had IPA to keep the satellites clean, this was a while ago….

I have heard that IPA can be used to clear traces of water, I'm not sure how that works, but if the water content is a worry then heat the PCB before applying the coating and this will also avoid condensation. However the LCM isn't going into space (like Teslas), at the moment the 75 doesn't go anywhere, and nor do I.

Pete
75 tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote