View Single Post
Old 28th March 2020, 13:52   #33
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Pete.
Doesn't IPA still have a certain amount of water in it depending what ratio is used? I think 99% is the best you can get unless anyone knows of an 100% IPA

I would presume its best for any dust etc to be removed either by blowing or using an easel soft painting brush, if any electrical cleaner is used it is best to wait until it as dried or evaporated before re-fitting the electric component before using again.
Just been preparing to sort a hybrid TV module PCB that might be water 'damaged'. Found various bits of advice about cleaning - suprisingly, after removing loose dust ect. with a soft brush the recommendation is to give the board a good bristle scrub with WATER and then a final clean should be with denatured water to neutralise any salts around solder joints/components so to clean using an IPA with a slight water content is OK then an all over thorough blow-off with air from a cool setting hair drier and warm/dry aire for at least 24 hours before coating with a conformal spray. Got mine from RS (NB some coatings are restricted to 'professional' users due to the toxic evaporative carriers - just means they dry quicker really).
Any RF components/terminals (which are designed to be cooled) and connectors have to be masked.

Last edited by rab60bit; 28th March 2020 at 13:55..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote