View Single Post
Old 25th December 2018, 19:36   #9
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
I’ve no objection to garages turning off my dash cam but if they do they should at least have the courtesy of switching it back on.
Having said that when my Jaguar XF was in for service and MOT it was road tested twice, on one occasion the driver pulled up st the side of the road for approx 10 minutes.
I now disconnect mine as it being a Nextbase it simply unclips from the mag mount so does not intrude to the service personnel.
Mine too is a nextbase but on a stealthmount and clearly visible. I have no objection at all to it being turned off but as already stated, the customer should be advised. We are not talking about a change of seat position or radio station here. It is an important item of equipment.
My post was simply to raise awareness of the issue and that is, it's very easy to forget about ones dashcam to the extent that it's left on when going into a garage and you could be driving around without it oblivious to the fact. Life gets busy and sometimes stressful, priorities can put your dashcam way down the list until some numpty crashes into you and you discover the plug hanging out. There must be plenty of members that are on the ball 100% of the time, never overlook or forget anything. For them, this thread is redundant.

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]