View Single Post
Old 13th March 2020, 19:55   #8
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

I have owned a 2.7 06 plate manual. I bought it with just under 100k on the clock around November 2017. It was a nice steer and the manual 6 speed box was a slick unit. I used it to replace my 2001 connie which had the slave cylinder fail so I was aiming to get rid rather than repair the Rover. I actually put the Rover back on the road.

Back to the Jag I enjoyed it and although quicker and a little quieter there were things I noticed as I got used to the car. I didn't think it was as well designed as the Rover which was possible down to the compromises Jaguar had to make using a Lincon as the basis for the design. The seats were good and the leather was a step up from the Rovers. Where I was seeing nearly a 50 mpg average in the Rover (Mainly cruising on Motorways) the Jag only returned 37mpg. After 8000 miles the DPF issue raised its head leading to a spend of over £1700 which still never sorted the issue. I sold it to a Jaguar enthusiast who owned his own Garage in Scotand. He was convinced he would have it back on the road in a few days but it was never taxed again!

I did also have the car mapped from the standard 207 bhp to around the 260bhp. It made a noticable increase in the pick up on speed but they are not slow standard even compared to a 160bhp rover CDTi.

Be aware of rust around the wheel arches and behind the sill covers (both known issues). Excluding the issues I had I would have to say I prefered my Rovers to the Jag, my view and its a personal one.

Get a good one and you will enjoy get a bad one and you will regret it. I would say get on www.jaguarforum.com and look to view/buy from a club member if you really need to scratch that itch.

Best of luck

Last edited by Mr bountyfull; 13th March 2020 at 20:03..
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote