Old 1st January 2022, 12:11   #37
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

[QUOTE=Lancpudn;2914584]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post

It's not just wet wood & bagged coal! There are big changes afoot with rebated fuels (red diesel & bio-diesel from waste oil ) from the first of April 2022 due to the climate change carbon zero policy.

I have a friend who is a constant cruiser on a narrowboat & I was going to ask him how he will be affected because he uses red diesel for propulsion & heating.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ls-entitlement

Other industries and applications that will no longer be able to fuel with rebated red diesel include:
  • Leisure;
  • Manufacturing;
  • Mining and quarrying;
  • Oil and gas extraction;
  • Road maintenance;
  • Airport and seaport operations;
  • Plant hire;
  • Logistics and waste management;
  • Any commercial heating and haulage—refrigeration units on lorries will no longer be able to run on red diesel.
Some sarcasm on my part
phew for a moment I thought it was a way for the government to raise money, having read the web page from the link I see it is for environmental reasons.

It is amazing that going from red diesel to white diesel will improve the environment.

I hope this is not taken out of context but it is from the web page.
"At Budget 2020, the government therefore announced that it would remove the entitlement to use red diesel and rebated biodiesel from most sectors from April 2022 to help meet its climate change and air quality targets."

Changing from red to white diesel I cant see making an environmental difference.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote