View Single Post
Old 16th September 2021, 19:09   #571
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Time for a change…………….

………………….. in the garden.

A couple of weekends ago my neighbours across the road, Karen & Gerry, invited me over to a bbq. Been here over two years but I’d not been into their back garden. Wow! It is certainly an eye opener. My garden is twice the size of there’s but they have utilised the space to the maximum. They have done away with the grass and have laid Astro turf. Decking is “L” shaped with the sofa also being “L” shaped.

The bbq is down by the rear gate, has a fitted roof over the top so that Gerry can cook in the rain. Over the decking, and furniture, is a massive great big umbrella. The base is bolted down to the decking but the centre pole is easily removed, so there is no chance of tripping over it, but I’d have a go at falling over it.

Gerry has fitted tasteful solar lighting around the decking. There is a spotlight over the bbq.
All this has given me ideas to revamp my back garden. Allen n Val have already been round and helped me to move the recycling box. That is now down the side of the garages on top of the new decking, where the eyesore of a greenhouse once stood. And that has been gone just over a year now.

Allen has also put up my new house sign, follows my support of the Royal British Legion and the Poppy Appeal, I’ll get a photo posted up.
Whilst across the road at the bbq a couple of neighbours joined us, bring your own falling down water. I had a cool bag with Inch’s cider but also took over a bottle of my own made Strawberry n Mint Gin.
Well, it went down a treat, in fact I have couple of orders for a couple of bottles to be ready for Christmas. Challenge accepted.

In other news, Banana has been a pain. Broke down on the A30 with seized rear brakes, rescued by the AA who freed the brakes up. Two days later I had to call the AA out again when the fuel pump relay failed. So she had to go into the local garage to have new rear callipers fitted. And Trikey very kindly sent me some brand new fuel pump relays.
Once she was up and running I returned to to Matt Darkes for the new throttle body to be replaced. At least the over revving kas now stopped.

The Bear has had issues as well, her new lights failed to work but Matt soon found the fault in the shape of a bad connection in the ballast box. So I ordered new HID 1 bulbs and new ballast boxes. Handy to have spares.
I’m now the proud owner of a headlight polishing machine. Had a go at polishing the lights on Allen’s Rover 75. Not bad at my first attempt.

We have news from England. My niece, Laura, is planning a visit to come and stay with me for a week or two. Michael has been given the all clear from the hospital concerning his broken ankle.
But the news concerning Elizabeth is not so good. Been taken back into hospital twice now, chest infections both times.
Her Dad’s house has been sold. All the contents have been taken out and put into storage. The new owners have said that the two cars plus the motorbike can remain in the garage till new storage can be found.

No news concerning Roger and family, I have no idea where they are. Last I heard they were waiting to be returned to Brazil. And Roger was fighting the extradition.

Got another classic car show to attend with the Coffee & Cars Club this coming Sunday at Hazelbury Mill near Chard Somerset. Will be taking Banana.

Till we meet again, keep safe.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote