View Single Post
Old 18th November 2021, 11:10   #575
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I have unexpected news from........................

........................................ England.

Elizabeth and her son Thomas plus the in-laws are moving to Portugal. That has come as a shock. But it seems that the in-laws have a second home there. Owned for over 35 years, and Elizabeth had holidayed there with her late husband to be. It is a villa on the outskirts of Nazare and is not far from the beach. The in-laws were spending more and more time there, and were thinking of moving there anyway. But the pandemic put everything on hold.
So the plan is for Elizabeth and son will stay with the in-laws for a few months then she will look for property to buy.

A new life, and a new start in a new country. Best decision for their future. And they are flying out on December 21st to spend Christmas there. So I'll be travelling up to London to say my goodbye's on 11th December. I might have to come up by train as I'm still having problems with my right knee after my fall.
I have been to the doctors and now I'm waiting on a letter for an appointment at the hospital for a x-ray/examination. Meanwhile my knee is strapped up again.

Roger and family are back in Brazil. But they are free, no charges. But they have had to surrender there passports. Not that will stop Roger leaving the country as corruption is rife their. I have not heard from him.

In other news.
Banana has thrown a "steamy" hissy fit. But at least we have a new relay/fuse board fitted which seems to have cured the electrical issues.
Strawberry is back in the garage for work. And following from the phone call today looks like I'll be scrapping the car as it needs too much money spent on it.
Bear is running ok. Just need to get the windscreen washer motor fixed.

I'm gradually getting the back garden cleared up, but not easy with this dodgy knee. But if I take my time then it will get done. Planted out a new bush in the side garden, and the front garden is looking colourful. Had a few dry days so I have managed to get the grass cut in the back garden.

In between all this I'm sending out the club calendars, 14 so far, with 8 gone to Holland. I drove up to Sparkford to meet up with Reebs to collect the calendars, I also dropped off a box of club stuff for him to sell on the club stand at the NEC. Now waiting for Reebs to give me a time to meet up again to collect the rest of the calendars plus collect whatever stock he has left.
Running the shop helps to keep my mind active.

To be continued..............

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote