View Single Post
Old 13th January 2022, 11:13   #579
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Absolutely no regrets……………….

………………………….. on this day 4 years ago I put my flat, in Barkingside, up For Sale. It means I have been in Cornwall for three and half years. Where has that time gone? Look what has happened in the world since then. And not forgetting those that we have lost in that time.

News from England, not anything new other than Elizabeth and family are now living in Portugal. Unless they come back to England for a visit it will be very doubtful that we will meet again. I don’t have a passport nor do I want one either.
They have settled in ok and all there furniture is now with them. Elizabeth has made arrangements for her late fathers cars and motorcycles to be shipped over in the next few months. 2 classic Alfa Romeo’s in mint condition. The bikes consist of a Triumph Bonnevile, BSA and a Suzuki. Elizabeth has been riding the Suzuki in England.

As for Roger, now that is a mystery. I thought he was back in Brazil. But it seems that him and family are now living in India. No idea why he should be living there. I have not heard anything from him for sometime. But Elizabeth keeps in touch.

Banana appears to be cured of all her problems and now has another 12 months on her MOT. As for the Bear the problems are mounting up. I had planned on selling the car this year. But that’s on hold till we can get her fixed.

Allen is gradually getting back to being fit again. He had two heart attacks back in December
The first attack was in the car, Val made him drive to the A&E unit at Liskeard where he suffered the second attack. They lost him for 3 minutes but got him back. Then it was blues and two’s back to Derriford hospital. He had two stents put in. Spent a further 10 days in hospital before being allowed home.

I spent Christmas with them. Then on the 29th we travelled by train to Penzance for a overnight stay in the Premier Inn. We was joined by Debbie, Paul, Matt, Shirley, John and Nina. We got the bus into Mousehole to see the Xmas lights. Had a pint in the pub. Then got the bus back to Penzance and into the Wetherspoons for food. The restaurant at the hotel was closed for evening meals but would be open for breakfast.

We left the next day and home on the train. Matt & John and wives had travelled down by car. So we said our goodbyes before getting back onto the train back to Saltash. Debbie had left her car at the station. So she gave me a lift home. Then she dropped her Mum n Dad off before driving back to the station to collect Paul. Think he had started walking home so not sure if she met up with him.

I had a X-ray on my knees, been having a fair bit of pain just lately. Apparently I have Osteoarthritis. Need to lose weight and get plenty of exercise. So the diet has started and whilst the weather is dry I’m back to doing my walks.
When I first moved here it used to take me 60minutes to walk into town, I now can do the same walk in 30 minutes. So that’s a good improvement.

Yesterday I had drove to Bude and done a 4 mile walk along the canal and across the beach and up onto the cliff path. The weather was stunning, temperature hit 17 degrees.

So NO GOING BACK………………………

Many thanks for reading. Catch up soon.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote