View Single Post
Old 17th April 2024, 07:40   #11
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
See? I always remind myself that others are going through far worse. So glad that you got the right treatment in time.

I have a "cunning plan", always have a debt, 'cos there is no way am I going to be allowed to leave while it's outstanding.

Cheers Phil,
Fred
Thank you Fred, if you ever get bored and need money, what about working as a celebrant. A good friend an ex-army Major went into that job doing funerals. He was paid £200 for speaking up about the deceased for each funeral. In one year during COVID, he earned £40,000 Like you, he is a thoughtful person and is articulate and good with words, respectful to everyone and good with people, just a thought in passing. He recently retired as he lost hearing in both ears, age related.

From my experience of working in health care, when bad news about the health is received and if there is no hope, people can react in 2 ways. Throw in the towel or fight on. I have a tendency to the latter. Of course it’s an individual thing and everyone is different.

Let’s make the most of our days

After years of major surgery, I was disappointed when none of the family visited me or Jessica in hospital. Some friends promised to visit and never came and other friends visited all of the time. They say you can pick your friends but you can’t pick your family.

I have said to Jessica, now we are both on the up and whilst we have our health we should enjoy ourselves.

I do like your cunning plan

Take care

Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote