Thread: Real Rules
View Single Post
Old 17th July 2022, 16:33   #4
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Bye the bye, on recent and not so recent posts, and in the hope of some balance:

It’s a lengthy forum with a wide variety of interesting subjects available for discussion. What else would be so attractive for members to enjoy and prospective members to join? I wonder how many members do not actually have a 75, and how many have sold or retired theirs some time ago?

There’s something for everyone from all walks of life and I admit there are some subjects that have little or no interest for me, so I either don’t go there or don’t get het up about it. If one crops up - it's best to move on. Wouldn't dream of being an objector. I reckon the Mods do a good job in allowing some latitude.

The ‘P’ word is full of traps and pitfalls but it is also real life. The rules are just and fine, not a problem. What counts is that odd concept, tolerance. Those who are unable to be just a bit tolerant can of course just move on. No fuss, no palaver.

On a personal note, I joined my first one-model Rover club (P6 club – see, a ‘P’ in the word) in 1970 and still have the membership card with my Ppppp6 on it. I was in it for years with nary a problem.

Completely agree with your sentiments Ray,the social section gives a diverse membership a platform to discuss 'Life'.I can never understand why some take the trouble post up that a particular thread is of no interest to them.Too much time on their hands and disrespectful if you ask me