View Single Post
Old 13th January 2022, 19:59   #62
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Simon - the issue is that their efforts are usually futile because the speed differential isn't sufficient to get one lorry quicker to its destination than the other. Most of the time it would be far better to dial the cruise back a couple of notches and match the speed of the lorry in front than to overtake.

My issue is primarily with the practice on 2-lane carriageways e.g. much of the A14.

I am only singling out lorry drivers because on roads like the A14 it is lorries that cause most of the issues of the type we are discussing. Fortunately, we do not get the same volume of Honda Jazz drivers on their way to Felixstowe.
Simon says momentum. We drivers call it flow. We look around and into th distance more than th average driver and try to keep th flow going.

MSS sounds prejudice toward lorry's and i think it says more about him than lorry drivers on his precious journey that as been slightly slowed. Were in th high way code does it say lorry's carnt over take. Maybe if he took up a HGV licence he could be more educated in th most legislated business in th UK..