View Single Post
Old 16th March 2018, 05:38   #23
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I suspect sadly you won't get it here - everything is going to be absolutely amazingly brilliant and if you disagree then 200 posts from about 3 people disagreeing will eventually wear you down to the point where you will decide there is more to life. So it's all going to be brilliant, honest..... and let's get back to cars
During the referendum vote, the lead up to it, the remainers on the OC were very much in the minority. Despite this, the Brexiteers had it in their mind, to get those on the boards to either “sign up or ship out”. A small group of Brexiteers were drawn together like the wolves in the pack, snuffing out the opposition. Grown men behaving like a gang of teenagers.

Some members jumped on the Nigel Farage bandwagon in the hope he would solve the immigration issues. How they exclaimed his virtues and how they must have felt betrayed, when he threw in the towel. That is how it was. Some of the remainers felt intimidated and were driven away from the forum for good, never to return. That was sad.

The arguments in both camps were powerful and got personal. It was for those reasons the moderators closed the threads down.

Brexit is happening, we can do nothing about it other than to embrace it and get with the programme. I would not like this forum to return to those dark days when members were at each other’s throats