View Single Post
Old 9th July 2019, 21:41   #4
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Its a good point.

To be registered (unless its changed) I presume that you would have to be a company or individual sole trader registered and listed on the Gas Safe register which is open to the public to check.

Gas engineers can be qualified and up to date with their 5 yearly updates but not necessarily registered with Gas Safe unless they are working for a registered firm and/or registered in their own right as a seperate entity. Meaning that as you suggest if they are covered by the umbrella of a firm that they work for they would not be registered to do private work unless they had also taken out an individual registration for themselves also.

So in the event of a qualified employee of a registered company doing what is commonly known in different areas as a Darker / Foreigner / Fiddle then the appliance installation would not be able to be registered as the regulations demand.

If you would like any further information that you feel that i may be able to help you with please feel free to contact me by private message.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote