View Single Post
Old 13th November 2020, 19:20   #19
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldie View Post
About ten years ago, of an evening when a light drizzle was the air, I went to my local Halfords. I parked next to a car with a French registration. As I entered the store a man in his early fifties left. I trolled around the store for about fifteen minutes, bought something or other and left. The French car had it's bonnet up and sprawled across the engine was the driver, the self-same man who left the store around fifteen minutes earlier. Dead, very. Damp night, metal zip, exposed battery terminals . . .
Very interesting. Surely was a horrific experience for you. I'd be very surprised if that was due to 12v DC directly. I've inadvertently shorted a battery with a spanner and the welding sparks pretty much scared me to death, but 12v isn't enough to electrocute. I did meet a guy once who shorted around 9000v with a spanner which left him with one arm that was about eight inches long but still alive. It was the current that fried his arm which is a function of voltage and resistance. He was certainly lucky not to be electrocuted. But 12v, there would have to be something else going on there.
Of course, I'm prepared to be proven wrong. Interested in any and all comments.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote