Old 29th March 2021, 11:05   #7
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Best man won.--
No, Hamilton won it, with the assistance of Red Bull. If they had not complained about Hamilton constantly going of the course at the same corner as Verstappen did, they could have resisted handing the place back.

Points in this race demonstrated my theory about Hamilton. He doesnt handle pressure well. He has had it all his own way (in a fashion) that he hasnt had much experience of it from others.

When Verstappen retook (which the British press seem to miss out in their coverage lol) first place, he did it on the track. I didnt think Hamilton gave him a great deal of room, staying on his line, albeit within track limits on that lap lol, as he went around the corner whilst Verstappen went around him (which is a trait he copied from Senna). Initially I thought he edged Verstappen off the track, but he didnt. Verstappen did not actually need to go off the track (but did on his own). Looking from his in car camera, it would be easy to assume that he feared collecting Hamilton after the pass.

Perez had to have been the driver of the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
By the skin of his teeth! Looks like Hamilton will have to work for it this season.
Hopefully Red Bull will keep the pressure on, and I suspect we will see the ragged side of Hamilton as we did when Rosberg upped his game, or when he was with Button (who I felt was just cruising in his career).

I do hope though that McLaren get their game together, I think Norris will be a driver to watch.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote