Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Colin, it would seem so:

https://autotechnician.co.uk/the-limitations-of-r90/

So back to the drawing board & on balance, l'm thinking of the Ferodo Eco's, no problems with R & D or U.K. certification there l think. A veteran brake company (as far as anyone can be sure of any companies these days) & I'm not sure EBC are the right pads for me, there are conflicting reviews out there as for every type of brake pad of course.

I quite enjoy chasing down car parts, l did a lot of it during the recommissioning of my A60 Oxford so went with the Akebono flow. Nothing came up about type approval, most of the info is from the states of course. They're paid for & delivered so not much chance of a refund so I'll chalk that one up to experience.
Ebc are exceptional. The issue is people don't understand they really need correct bed in (up to 800 miles on some versions) and also people not understanding the colour variations, fitting red stuff when yellow stuff would have suited, that kinda thing.

People stamp the middle pedal and just assume the cheap discs / pads, seized caliper and 20 year old brake fluid will be fine. Lol.

Also they do a oem black stuff range now and it's absolutely thr best oem spec pad you can buy but it costs.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote