View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 09:02   #20
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Rather sadly just out of a fixation with MPG figures I used to measure brim to brim continuously my previous manual CDT saloon which I had for three years it was remarkably consistent.

Mainly urban (mixed with a couple of bypasses around the area) 45 MPG smack on every tank

Mainly motorway/dual carriage driving on longer distances 54/55 MPG smack on every time.

With the CDT Auto saloon that I bought a year ago.

Mainly urban (mixed with the occasional bypass around the area) 36/37 MPG

Long runs on A roads ( about 4 x 400 mile round trips up to North Wales ) no motorway stretches and passing through the outskirts of a number of small towns and through villages including the bottleneck that is Hereford.

46/47 MPG every single time.

I not long ago had a 4 wheel alignment done on the car after replacing all the rear arms and both rear dampers and though no doubt due to the old placebo effect I have to confess that when driving about I do repeatedly catch myself thinking that the car is moving incredibly freely under it's own momentum. So whether the alignment has really made such a difference or whether it's just my mind subconsciously wishing it has I don't know.

Unfortunately because I'm still trying to pay off for all the work and parts I haven't been fully filling my tank when running low so haven't been able to assess if any difference has been made to MPG figures after the work and 4 wheel alignment, I'll report back when I start my brim to brim working outs again in the new year.

But best of luck to any others who consistently get better figures out of their vehicles.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote