View Single Post
Old 26th November 2016, 15:59   #1
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.
Default Router/Network Help

Got a little network issue that I can't get my head round.... so perhaps someone here will be able to save what little hair I have

Here goes:

I have 1 router (supplied by sky) that is connected to the phone line and has the IP range 192.168.0.1 - 255 and is also wireless on 2.4Ghz.
All PCs etc., are connected to this as it works as DHCP server.

I also have another router (it's a cable router) that works on 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz wireless as I want to have a clear network. It also works as a DHCP server, but on a different IP range (192.168.1.1 - 255)

I've turned off the 2.4Ghz on the 2nd router, but if I connect my laptop to it via the 5Ghz wireless I can see the internet and also talk to both routers, but I cannot connect to any PC or printer that is connected to the first router (on the IP range 192.168.0.1 - 255).

The subnet mask on both routers is 255.255.255.0.

The only way I can see of being able to see all the PCs & Printers, is to move them over to the 2nd router, but I'm sure i should be able to configure the network so I can leave them attached where they are.

Over to you clear lot now

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote