Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 17th November 2020, 12:24   #12
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Insurance is a company that can charge you what they like. And if you accept it, that’s your own fault. Not you personally, but you know what I mean. I have no ‘loyalty’ to any insurance company, and every year I phone round to get the best quote. Yes that’s right, I phone. I also use the net, but find phoning gives me the best result. Brokers and insurance companies know what they are upto. That’s why they are still making big profits. Anyone phoning up now should ask, ‘ are you going to give me a reduction for the less miles I am doing because of this corona virus’? They usually don’t like people generally who only cover small mileage.
I'm doing about 40% more this year as I'm having to cover "isolating/shielding/can't be bothered to turn up" types.

One problem is mixing classic and others on the one policy. Due to the above I didn't have time to shop around and thus got stung by Adrian Flux (+£100). Next year I hope to find time to do some action on the issue (perhaps split classic on one policy and new & old on another,

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote