View Single Post
Old 6th April 2020, 00:10   #173
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Well, today I collected my puppy. He's an English Springer Spaniel. I've called him Oscar. Please, don't laugh, or if you do, don't tell me you have.
(I'm useless at thinking of names.)
Anyway, this is the first dog I've had, since leaving home. Mother keeps Rhodesian Ridgebacks.
I'm a little worried about how he's going to react when left alone. He can't stand being alone and starts howling. Has anyone any advice they could offer me? I don't want the neighbours complaining.
As I'm off work til Tuesday, I plan to leave him for a bit at a time and see if he gets used to it.
Oscar turned 12 years old on 9th March.
He's been with me from a puppy and we have both grown up together over these last 12 years.
For those that know me well, will know that I never shut up about Oscar and that, is because I am so incredibly proud of him. He has been a very important, huge part of my life.

Of course for the last near seven years, he's shared his life with Emma as well, who loves him just as much as I do.
Not forgetting Bertie, our rescued Greyhound, who was once scared of everything and anything and full of anxiety.
Oscar immediately adopted him as his own and helped him to grow, adapt and enjoy his life living in a home being a pet.

So, it is with enormous sadness, that on 28th March at 3.45am, Oscar very sadly went to sleep. Emma, Bertie and myself were by his side, hopefully providing some comfort to our beautiful, gentle baby boy.
We are all absolutely devastated, gutted and full of grief.

The house feels quiet, empty and the life and soul has definitely left the party.

Oscar could light up even the darkest of places just by being there.

I miss him so much.

Here's a small selection of photos of him.
I've literally thousands, which I now need to work through.
I'm going to get the best of them printed and put them into a photo album.
Some are already printed and on the wall!

I will eventually make a little memory box for him.

It still doesn't feel real.

100_0932 by Philip Davies, on Flickr

Oscar, My superstar. by Philip Davies, on Flickr
Oscar by Philip Davies, on Flickr
Oscar by Philip Davies, on Flickr
My old buddy Oscar, taken over Christmas.. He's had a hard week and his smile seems like a lifetime ago. But I'm very happy to say that he is happy and smiling again. by Philip Davies, on Flickr
Oscar, posing on the beach at Porthcawl, Wales. by Philip Davies, on Flickr
Oscar, my Springer spaniel. Posing in the garden. by Philip Davies, on Flickr

IMG_20200315_102605 by Philip Davies, on Flickr

Last edited by Phil; 6th April 2020 at 00:14..
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote