View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 19:02   #104
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
there must have been a header in there at some point as dougie refers to a plug type fixing in there resembling a towing electrics plug affair. the header must have been removed...
According to Rave, MGR discontinued fitting interlocks except for a few overseas markets. In these cases, a solenoid is fitted at the bottom of the gear lever which prevents the lever being moved from Park unless the ignition switch is in position 2 and the foot brake is applied. My car does have an interlock but it's not connected to the brake. I don't know what it actually brings to the party though. A header has definitely not been removed - the wiring loom is virginal. It's just not there because it was only used for cars with cruise, parking sensors and the brake application of the shift interlock fitted.

Incidentally, the mated headers in the engine bay resembling towing electrics plugs, are still only headers albeit different shapes to the normal oblong ones. The only connection of interest to the project has been the digital signal from the ECM to the cruise interface saying "ok, I'm configured for you" which was only partially fitted in the factory. I had to extend it from where it had been capped off to the cruise interface.

Quote:
i wonder if the interlock circuit is incorporated with the cruise circuit at all
According to the diagrams, it is connected (somewhere) to the auto transmission (C0932-43). The cruise interface also connects to that pin, but both are inputs to the EAT.

Quote:
have you double checked that 12v from the engine ecu is actually getting through at the pins
The signal from the engine ECM is a digital variable square-wave voltage between 0-12v. It's not a standard +12v supply. That signal is getting through (it's specified in post #79 above).
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 3rd July 2020 at 19:19..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote