View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 22:58   #107
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
My 75 is very early, built in May 1999, and there's no interlock either with the ignition switch or the brake pedal, so maybe I don't have the interlock ECU.
I'm sure the interlock has no bearing on the issue. I'm still not sure I have one - there's an ECU bolted to the bottom of the driver's side A pillar where they were fitted but I can't see what it is without removing it. I've no intention of doing so unless I have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Wouldn't that also connect C0895-8 to C0239-1 (which you've already tried when the master switch is closed)?
Well would it any more than using the experimental supply? I mean, everything ultimately is powered from the same source in the end. I obviously understand there is an issue with powering directly from the feed i.e. C0749-5 but I don't know the cause of it (do you?). My reasoning for the relay idea was that if C0749-5 was used only to activate the coil, it's such a low current that it shouldn't give a problem. The power source to C0239-1 activated through the relay can come from any suitable fused source.

My reasoning though is based on incomplete knowledge of what's causing the problem, so I can't know if that's feasible. A diode on the other hand is a one-way street and would provide the solution from the existing master switch. I guess I know which way I'm going. I have used Schottky diodes successfully before on projects. Their power drop is lower than standard diodes and they have faster switching speeds.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 8th July 2020 at 09:39..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote