View Single Post
Old 28th December 2021, 18:22   #37
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

the bible of course is rave. no i could not find any reference to not re using the head bolts either. what i did find though was reference to this in the " poor mans " rave. namely the haynes manual. under kv6 in car repairs. 2B21 "preparation for fitting section" they do indeed recommend this on higher milage vehicles etc and agree also that this is not a manufacturers pre requesit . especially if the bolts have been used before on high milers. i preferre the "just to make sure " approach and would buy the new bolts. stewart will make his decision im sure based on what condition the bolts are in , upon removal. they will maybe have to be used for cylinder clamping the liners down and returned to their matching locations that they were removed from. so stewart may need some extra bolts if he has a problem with any, and will need them at hand. The history of that car is not impressive to say the least , so i would buy new bolts , others would not. i knew that i had read something somewhere regarding the head bolts being replaced but could not recall where !! i have only done 2 head gaskets in the past so im not an expert. thankyou simon for pointing this out but each to his own. ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote