View Single Post
Old 11th December 2016, 09:55   #121699
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Puts me in mind of when I got my my parent's their first microwave. They heated a pie of some description . . . . dad's opinion was that can't be long enough so heated it a bit longer. They ended up with rubber pastry and both had indigestion later in the evening.
Hi Steve..
I had a similar experience with my belated mum..When she had her first microwave she insisted in trying it out on a pizza and that I was to be the guinea pig who ate it. She must of cooked the pizza for 10 minutes and when it came out it was like a frisbee..In fact I went out with it in the back garden and threw it into the adjoining farmers field. It was the best frisbee throw I've ever managed. Does anybody remember the days when it was considered the norm to get a professional in to check that your microwave was safe to use on a yearly bases..It's unheard of nowadays..