View Single Post
Old 15th December 2018, 23:01   #1
jim_k
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Default DAB radio / Christmas meets / Grilles

Hi,
I'd appreciate any advice you can offer on the following:

Firstly, on my way to work I often loose radio signal and wondered if DAB radio would be worth looking at. I looked on youtube at some after-market add on systems need power from the cigarette lighter and have an aerial the sticks on the screen. They look a real mess and depending on who you listen to, they may or may not be any better than the analogue signal. Is there a product anyone could recommend that doesn't mean you have to change to a new head unit? I'd be interested to hear other experiences.

My second question is that in between Christmas and new year I'd like to visit a car museum or meeting with my family. One year we went to Gaydon around the start of the new year and had a good time. Is there anything open like a car museum or a Rover meet as I'd like to get out and about and look at cars. I'm in Reading so anything in 90 mins range would be ideal.

Finally, I have as a second car, a Jag X type. A few weeks back a pheasant flew up in front of me and snapped the plastic blade in the lower radiator opening. I'm thinking of replacing it with a mesh panel but on ebay some of these are £80-100 which is ridiculous. Has anyone crafted a mesh panel themselves and how did they find it? I'm temped to make my own.

Thanks in advance for any help / information.

Jim
jim_k is offline   Reply With Quote