View Single Post
Old 30th March 2019, 00:11   #1
Edward Fenner

Rover 75 Saloon

Post Brentwood, Essex

Hi all

I have recently bought my 75 and would dearly love to find a local mechanic who likes the cars to work on it for me
I look after several elderly relatives so money's tight and it currently needs top end strut mount bushes (I understand it's actually more akin to some poorly designed bearings) on the front to be changed
Handbrake also pretty dire in terms of being up so high when parking up, it holds but I'm worried it's at the end of it's range
I have enthusiasm and tools and have in the past done up and restored a non running Toledo - anyone senior got the time to "show me how to" and the patience to do mechanical things such as described with me? Even a decent friendly garage perhaps? I've no desire to be ripped off and have just had a very local mechanical garage decide to hike the price of the strut bushes on me with 24 hours to go before I dropped it off, I assume as they thought I' likely to be elderly and vulnerable...
Also be nice to find other owners local to me for mini run outs and maybe a little support group eh?
Edward Fenner is offline   Reply With Quote