Thread: memory cards?
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2020, 12:56   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I generally use Sandisck cards in both slots and shoot to both cards in raw format so everything gets backed up. slot one is a CF card and slot two is an SD card. I use a 32 gb in slot 2 as that is just as back up and the CF card is between 4 and 8gb due to lowering the risk of a card failure and losing images even though there's two cards. All images taken were available on the second card. Mrs sworks managed to recover the card using iSkysoft which i'd recommend but I no longer trust the card so it's gone in the bin. I remove the CF card and use a card reader as it's easier than connecting the camera to the computer and realise the risk of pin damage but I don't use the camera anywhere near as often as I would like. Interestingly the two failures I have had was a Kingston card and a generic one yesterday that was bought as a present. I think both were about 3-4 years old.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote