View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2021, 07:07   #158783
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Overcast & cool here, Cardigan weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Dear God! Going any distance in a 08 or 09 was a punishment, both had rock hard suspension, any rough joints etc would jar your teeth and they were never designed with crew comfort in mind. Dunno why you are complaining about 25mph, the 08 is 15mph maximum, if you went much faster you could bend the side rods! All 08s around here, used to have to ferry them to/from Haymarket depot, one side of Edinburgh to the other via the Suburban line around the outskirts of Edinburgh, that included going through Niddrie which at the time was real bandit country. Going so slowly the little horrors had plenty of time to aim their stones and other assorted missiles

Worst journey was before my time. When the Waverley line down through the borders was open every weekend the 08 came up from Galashiels to Edinburgh for servicing, that's about 30 miles Must have been punchy by the time they arrived!

Yes you're right 15 mph max, they're OK in the Tees valley goods yard shunting but boring on a run, I have the option of 08, 09 class 47 or a class 52 on this west Somerset railways, even more boring in those

Blimey! Steve! Sack the shopper we've not got any hot cross buns in the house I'll get some later today as there's a new B&M store opening near us today and it has a big gardening centre inside I need some more compost.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote