View Single Post
Old 14th January 2022, 09:00   #66
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I am not at all prejudiced towards lorry drivers. In fact, I consider fuel tanker drivers to be the most skilled of all driver on the roads.

I do think that you are making this personal as opposed to facing the reality, which is that on 2-lane carriageways such as the A14 and the A1, lorry drivers wanting to overtake other lorries often cause more hold ups than any other type of road user. Technically I wauld not call it overtaking because the material difference in speed between the two vehicles is usually negligible. Hence the problem.

Equally, the middle lane residents cause similar problems on Motorways but their impact is less because such roads retain at least one lane of free flowing traffic. By contrast 'overtaking' lorries on two-lane carriageways reduce the speed of the whole road to their own speed. Technically, I would say that they becomes an obstruction to traffic flow.

Surely, you cannot possibly defend the actions that I am describing?

Personally, I find most lorry drivers to be very courteous on the roads. But the overtaking habit that seems to be in the lorry drivers' handbook is a source of problems on the roads.

PS. I was going to convince you about my not being prejudiced by saying that some of my best friends are lorry drivers. But on reflection, I don't have any friends, so technically I cannot possibly hold prejudices.
Th only thing i can agree with is.... I too have no friends either, only "colleagues".

I also dont vote and think Top Gear is imature..(this comes with a antaganista warning and there for should be avoided) ...

Its good fun for you to "nettle" th prolitariate (easily done) and i enjoy th posts. But like th media your only in it for your .....?.

ADR drivers are more "educated" thus av a greater value...

So i ask you this. Why do th A brain (accudemics) earn more in general than th "B" brain (th dooers menders fixers and inn general messer's) when both are as important to society as each other.

and yes saying you do have lorry driver freinds was hillarious.... If you had then that would make you without a shadow of a doubt make you not predjudice..

Ps. Smart motorways are w$&K....