Old 9th November 2019, 20:26   #58
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
Here's a video after the belts were done, the ticking can also be heard here:

Note: I already used a hydraulic tappets additive and that hasn't changed a thing either...
I tend to agree with your mechanic, it does sound like a tappet and since you've tested or replaced all the usual suspects, what's left?
A tappet that's not hydraulically locked inside will sound like this. It's possible that the inner piston ball valve in one of the tappets has failed or is wedged open with debris. Running the engine should recharge a drained tappet and the noise will go, but they can leak. A hydraulic tappet cleaner might take a while to clear the fault, so it's a matter of waiting. If it 'never' gets better, a tappet replacement may be the easiest fix. However, they can be serviced and there are lots of YouTube videos demonstrating how it's done. Individual tappets cost around £5 (plus postage) from DMGRS, but apart from the lengthy job fitting it, you have to know which one to replace. Of course, it may not be a tappet at all. YouTube isn't hands-on.

Just a thought, it's not V6 IM/VIS rattle is it? I've never heard it myself, but plenty here have.
Click:https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=299973

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 9th November 2019 at 20:36..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote