View Single Post
Old 24th October 2018, 18:53   #5
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hog View Post
About three years ago in a far away galaxy ... oh, all right it was the mg-rover.org forum .... there was an interesting thread regarding the replacement of our notoriously temperamental plastic inlet manifold chamber with the metal version from the old KV6 as fitted to the 825. Apparently the main mod required was an alloy spacer and there were nice colour photos to show it all in place (ok, the engine in question was part of a supercharger project so the VIS were blanked off and the throttle body mounting changed, but you get the idea).

I just wondered if anyone on here had considered it / tried it / got any thoughts on it. I'm not sufficiently familiar with the bit in question to know if, like ours, they came to grief as a result of internal failure but I'd love to know.
I think you are right about the using an fabricated adaptive plate to marry the old style metal manifold to our cars, plus you would have to consider the clearance between the top of the manifold and the bonnet.
Again it is one of though ideas that needs a good home mechanic, time and money to do a lot of trial and error R and D.