View Single Post
Old 7th July 2020, 22:17   #19
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
Evening Brian.

When fitting the slave cylinder to mine I felt it wasn't easy to fit with the metal pipes. I'm sure the originals had semi flexible piping? What's your trick please?
There isn't really a trick Ben, you just need to be gentle........I sort of evolved the technique by practising removing and refitting the old slave a few times when I first did the job.

The original AP now Delphi slave cylinders were much more forgiving, and you are correct they have flexible pipework.

When I fit the next clutch to one of my own, I have a new old stock (2003) AP slave and a Borg & Beck cover and driven plate (Land Rover branded, not the badge engineered rubbish "Borg and Beck" now currently available).

I always wash out the inside of the bellhousing and inspect the guide tube, and a lightest smear of moly grease on the tube, and input shaft splines.

When I remove the slave from this car, I will be checking to see if the original pipes can be fitted to the new slave, simply as the original type pipework transmits far less noise into the cabin than the version with metal pipework

Have fun when you do the job.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote