View Single Post
Old 4th October 2018, 14:45   #16
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
Obviously not in this case, nor in many cases, as per my post. It would be on my bench, main unit being tested on a linear supply. Maybe my post was not as clear as it could have been as I would not expect a zero output off-load but I will not continue as to how I would continue as that is not really pertinant here. I assumed the OP had limited testing resources.
As I have no desire whatever to get into personal engineering practices my contribution to this thread is complete.

Huh, what a strange response.

We can deduce that the OP has a voltmeter as he has already taken a voltage reading. The "best engineering practice" would be to place a simple resistive load on the PSU - a resistor - and retest. Then work out the next step. To build or procure a linear 48V PSU would not be good engineering practice. But I note that we are not going to debate engineering practices, so fine.

As we are being pedantic and touchy, your contribution is not complete. It may have ended but the two are not the same!

At the end of the day, it is for the OP to decide what he wants to do. All we can do is to give our inputs.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote