Old 3rd September 2020, 19:03   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
I fully sympathise, Harry.
After working on my own vehicles for the last 54 years, I seem to be left in pain for days/ weeks after working on cars nowadays.
Trying my best not to give up, but three weeks ago swapped the wheels around on my wife's Fiesta. Still nursing a painful shoulder.
Last week I swapped the pollen filters under the glove box on my BMW. Painful ribs ever since.
It's no fun getting older but it happens to us all.
I know where you are coming from. Since I got to be an octogenarian I find if I do to much of anything, I ache for days.
I am just changing the pencil coils on the KV6, rear bank. Leaning over the side of the car bonnet trying to get at them, quite tight to reach them. Had trouble getting the plug off number 4 plug because the holding clip was partly broken. Managed it in the end and am now waiting for the arrival of a set of 6 coils and spark plugs from DMGRS, which should have arrived within 2/3 days instead of the usual 3/5 days, absolutely nothing to do with DMGRS, the parcel went round the country and the packaging was destroyed somewhere along the line and has to be re-packed before being delivered tomorrow. They better hope there is no damage to anything in the package. I only needed one for number 4 cylinder but decided to change them all, along with the plugs. Going round kicking the cat now. So I am expecting to feel sore round the ribs when I have finished.