View Single Post
Old 13th September 2021, 21:40   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30325itourer View Post
Hi folks I have been working on the 75 for mot,drove it out of the garage,jumped out and shut the door without taking the keys out off the ignition not realising the door button must have been down,so how do I get in without breaking windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Straightened coat hanger, with an 'L' shape to the end, or something similar, and at least that length. Along with plenty of patience, ease it between the frame and the door, and touch the central locking button.

You may also be able to squeeze it between the glass and the seal, again an L shape, then ease it into roughly the position of the door button connector rod, and gently (you may catch wiring) lift it upwards (I have not done this on a 75, but reckon it is doable). Full disclosure lol, I have assisted customers (4 maybe 5) who had locked themselves out of their cars in past employment, in our car park using this method.

Since it is 'only' the button pushed down, it should open and be relatively easy to do. I am not sure that getting under the bonnet will help - except to stall the engine (by pulling a fuse, hopefully not).

I have a spare left and right rear saloon glass in the shed, but would need an hour or two to access tomorrow evening if you need to go the extreme. I dont know what condition they are in, but were good when I put them in behind a panel between the uprights about 5 years ago lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote