Old 14th September 2021, 07:54   #323
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
What a stunning setting Phil........Beautifully captured
Morning Jeff, thank you very much, how kind. We are staying in a hotel with a self catering apartment in the Ballymun area of Dublin. It’s quite a change from Kuruwitu Beach in the photo. Ballymun has undergone a regeneration, formerly notorious for drugs, crime and its tower block slums which were demolished. The hotel in Ballymun is about 10 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes drive from the centre of the city.

The apartment is comfy, exceptionally clean with A/C - heating, double glazing, a giant Flatscreen TV in the bedroom with excellent Freeview But for what it is, it’s expensive in comparison to London. Moving on.........I deliberately left my camera behind in Kenya with a view to upgrading it once we are in England. We found the weather in Ireland a shock, but everyday we have been going out exploring, riding on the trains and buses.

Social distancing and wearing of face masks in restaurants and shops is mandatory, this includes buses and trains. Yesterday we took a train to Howth on the coast and had Fish n Chips. To eat inside, the staff wanted to see our EU digitised vaccination certificates. We had paper ones with us from Kenya but decided to eat outside. The fish was a lovely piece of COD and the chips were thick cut and tasted great. One portion was enough for two at €12 or £10.23 so I wondered if that was the going rate for Fisn n Chips

I wonder what today will bring?
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote